Tuesday, March 23, 2010

So how did your daughters handle the news...

My daughters stayed at my mother's on the Friday that I had the papers served to my husband at our home.
I told my attorney that I wanted to wait until Friday to have the papers served,
so the girls would have the weekend to process the horrible
news and perhaps, adjust a little before
facing their friends and the world on Monday.

After my husband left the house Friday around 2 in the afternoon,
my 3 brothers quickly replaced the locks.
My insides went into extreme spasms and tremoring.
I never knew such pain.

After my sister and I picked up the girls from Mom's house,
I brought them home and had them sit next to me on the sofa.

We held hands.
I told them very little but enough to let them know things were going to be different. They were in shock and started to sob.

I remember my mother never said a bad word about my father all the years of her life.
I learned from her the wisdom in doing so. I came up with the conclusion of my dad's poor behavior on my own.
I also wanted to do the same for my girls.

~

I gently whispered to them as they cried,
"A cheerful heart is good medicine but a broken spirit dries up the bones."
"We must work together to not let this rob our joy."



6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Carolyn,
just discovered your blog and love it. Your story is oh too familiar, as I went through the same journey back in 2000 as well.
I look forward to reading your blog, I don't have one yet, but you have certainly inspired me to get thinking and doing!
Cheryl

Carolyn said...

Hi Cheryl,
Thank you for discovering my blog and loving it!! :) I am sorry you too had to travel the same familiar journey.
Yes, you should get a blog...warning, it has become addictive! :)
Please come back soon!
Carolyn

Rebecca Nelson said...

I've never gone through what you have experienced but someone very, very near to me did...only her husband was having affairs with men. It nearly killed my friend and for the longest time all she wanted to do was die. She had one baby at the time at had been married 11 years.

That was over a decade ago now and she has worked to rebuild the life that was once wrought with mistrust and endless lies.

Since then God has returned to her the years the locust devoured.

May He continued to do the same for you~

Love to you~Rebecca

Carolyn said...

Thank you, Rebecca, for the sweet sentiments! God is truly faithful!

Hugs! Carolyn

Unknown said...

Carolyn

I am not a blogger, but I found you and your beautiful blog through sewingseeds4u, my dear sister Patty's blog.

You have shared such a difficult time in your life. Your strength in the Lord is and will continue to be an encouragement to others.

As I read..the Lord so sweetly reminded me of this beautiful verse in Isaiah 43:19

"Behold, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland".

Blessings to you Carolyn, Elsa...
Isaiah 43:19

Carolyn said...

Ahhh! Thank you, Elsa! I love that passage and have referred to it before! It has been a while though! Thank you for the reminder! God is faithful to His children and He does make a way in the desert and the wasteland! :)

God Bless You!
Carolyn