Monday, April 26, 2010

In The Eye of the Storm



In The Eye of the Storm

“Storms come. They come quickly. They pounce ferociously. If you are in one, then you know what I mean. If you’re not in one today, you know as well as I – one may be in tomorrow’s forecast.”

“Faith is often the child of fear.”
“Great acts of faith are seldom born out of calm calculation.”
“Faith that begins with fear will end up nearer the Father.”

“Faith is a desperate dive out of the sinking boat of human effort and a prayer that God will be there to pull us out of the water. …just as Peter walked on the water to Jesus.”

“Peter was terrified of the storm—terrified enough to send him out of the boat to go to Jesus. But out of this fear would be born an act of faith for faith is often the child of fear. If Peter saw Jesus walking on the water on a calm peaceful day, do you think that he would have walked out to Him?”

“Give a man a choice between sure death and a crazy chance, he will take the chance…every time.”

“Salvation is God’s sudden, calming presence during the stormy seas of our lives. We hear His voice, we take the step.”

~ This has all come from an excellent little book by Max Lucado, “The Eye of the Storm”
~
I am finding myself in an unexpected “eye of the storm” today. So I have chosen to take the day off work and meditate on His Word. I know as I have also experienced in the past, He will allow me to walk on the water to Him…as long as I keep my eyes on Him. Not my strength, but His. As I scribbled notes as I am reading on this cold, dreary spring day (after 3 days of consistent rain), I thought I would share my notes on my blog. Maybe someone else is in the eye of the storm and Max’s words would be a comfort to them too.

2 comments:

Lemon Lane Studio said...

I know the eye of the storm can be a lonely place...Inside the Father's arms is the best place to rest. I pray you found comfort and are feeling better.

Carolyn said...

Hi Patty...thank you so much for your prayers! I feel blessed to have met you in blog land! :)

Hugs, Carolyn