Friday, April 23, 2010

Childish Play


When I married so many years ago, I could not believe how much I missed my family! But I was “in love”…nothing else matters, right? Wrong! I did not expect to miss them all so much! I thought you rode off into the sunset in sweet bliss and lived happily ever after....that's the way the fairy tales go... :) I especially missed my mother. In fact one evening at the dinner table in our sweet little newlywed home, I was telling my husband about the fun day I just had with my mother on a shopping jaunt. And then I slipped and said “I love my mom more than any one!” Ooops! Uhh, did I just say that? :)

On one of those shopping jaunts, I bought this little silhouette because it reminded me of my siblings when we were children. There were 6 of us but the two older ones were so much older that they were not so involved in our childish play. This silhouette reminds me of the one summer we had a parade around our neighborhood. Yes, that would be me the second child down from the tallest! :)

~

This is an old book that I found on one of those shopping jaunts. I adored this book when I was a little girl…partly because it was about a little girl with my name (well, close to my name). I could not believe it when I found it when my mother and I were antiquing one day! :)















Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs, Carolyn
Psalm 28:7
Psst! Susan Branch commented on my previous post! Teehee! How sweet is that?? :)

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I love your silhouette! How neat that you and your mom have those outings. My mom is too far away.

nannykim said...

Oh, I so love the silhouette !! It reminds me of my childhood also! We would spend the summers camping (the whole summer) at a beach in Connecticut. We always had at least one parade where the kids dressed up or dressed up their bikes etc. So much fun!