Monday, April 19, 2010

White Lilacs










Ahhh! The perfume of lilacs!! My home smells so wonderful! I love lilacs!!
~
While visiting with a dear friend, she was showing me all she had done in her garden. When we came to her lilac bush, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. It is one of my favorite fragrances in the whole world! :) She cut some to make a bouquet for me to take home! I was so excited...doesn't take much to excite me! :) My lilac bush is lavender rather than white and is not quite at it's peak performance. Little tiny purple buds, but not flowers yet. I would think by the end of this week it will be putting on a spectacular show! I will post them then!
~
Hugs,
Carolyn
Psalm 28:7

6 comments:

Rebecca Nelson said...

I absolutely adore white lilacs. My favorite lacey flower! I especially love the ones made by hand and used in vintage millinery hats. I'd pay big bucks for them if at all possible.

Love to you~Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Oh, how lovely! I don't think I've ever seen white lilacs but I can smell them! That's a precious cabinet you have.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Lemon Lane Studio said...

How pretty those white lilacs look in your cottage. Can't wait to see yours next week. Glad you got to play outside this weekend!

Beverly said...

Your friend white lilacs are beautiful and look wonderful in your cottage setting. I have never seen white ones before.
Love your pink depression glass and how perfect for tea parties with your granddaughters.
Thanks for visiting me and I will be back to see you.

The Tin Rabbit said...

Lilacs are so old-fashioned and sweet...I just love them!

The Tablescaper said...

There is something amazing about white lilacs. They look so pure but have such a heady fragrance. So beautiful.

- The Tablescaper